Monday, January 29, 2007

Nerding 1.0

One of my friends from the SLC area came up to visit this weekend and we simply had to play some DDR (dance dance revolution). I borrowed a projector from work and set it up in the basement as you see here. The projector is powered by the laptop, which also broadcasts the audio wirelessly because I didn't have long enough wires for my speakers on the opposite side of the room. I also didn't have enough USB ports for the transmitter and the DDR pads so I had to borrow a monitor from one of my computers because it has a built in USB hub in the base :).

Alas, I didn't have any white sheets to cover up that "lovely" wood wall paneling so I had to tape up a bunch of paper to the wall to get a nice, white background to project onto. The "projector screen" consists of exactly 42 pieces of computer paper, and was a lot harder to put together then you would think. Once the lights were out it worked quite well!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Mom said...

And you didn't invite me!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger SuperDad said...

I am trying to think up the appropriate "dicho".

Necessity is the mother of invention. OR Where there's a will there's a way. OR If at first you don't succeed...

It looked to be a fun evening.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Rafe said...

Jon - I think there is business opportunity for you in West Virginia:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249500,00.html

Keep me in mind when you start cashing the big paychecks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home