Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Chickens



Okay, I can't really top a new baby - especially one as cute as Alyssa, but I thought I'd share with you our resident chickens. Jimmy loves them. So when it was nice yesterday, I drug his highchair onto the porch so he could eat cheerios and watch the chickens at the same time. It turned into a great game of feeding the chickens the cheerios. Today, he just said hello to the chickens, but no cheerios. The chickens didn't think that was very fun - so they tried to come into the house and help themselves. We spent much time today "shoo-ing" chickens.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Rafe said...

That is funny. In our house, an adventure such as that would bring very large, frequent tears. I can hear Brock already, "We don't have chickens in our house."

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Mom said...

My theory of why he's so entranced with chickens:

1- Kids love dinosaurs
2- Dinosuare are the ancestors of chickens (see PBS)
3- Therefore, kids love chickens

That, along with the fact that they move and make noise and react to his movements.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home