Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

This year, I planted mini-pumpkins and had a bumper crop. I couldn't stand the thought of just throwing them away. So I decided to use them as a Thanksgiving decoration (being too slow to use them at Halloween).

But as I worked on them, I began to feel, well, surrounded!


But, eventually, I got them done - the whole tribe!!!


Here's a closeup.


The table when it was all decorated:



Eli was really thrilled (yes, sarcasm) when I invited the kids to take home their pumpkins and then some.



Colby really took it to heart. I think he thought it was a competition!!

Morgan liked them, too.


Skip just enjoyed the food.

It was a great time.

Grandma Fillmore was able to walk with only her cane. That was a big improvement over a wheelchair.

Grandma and Grandpa McGee stayed home ill.

Skip, Ann, Alex, and Elizabeth joined us - along with Lydia and Jon.

Bryan had to work but stopped by after dinner and took home plates of food for him and the sickies.

It was a pleasant time together.

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Rafe said...

What a project! Sounds like everyone had a good time and went home with more than just a few extra pounds.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Too much fun! watch out martha stewart - she's got nothing on you!Love the little pumpkins. It sounds like you had a whole house and a lot of fun.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Love the pumpkins! What a great idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home