Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I see London, I see France...

What looked like keratoconus really was contact lens warpage that eventually went away. I had my PRK surgery on April 11th and so far things have been great. PRK is quite similar to LASIK except that no flap is created. Instead, they operate right on the cornea, which enables them to remove less tissue. The downside is that the healing process is much longer and it takes up to a month or so for your vision to stabilize.

At both my 2 day and 4 day check-ups things were looking (no pun intended) great (I was already 20/40 vision on the forth day) and I just had my 2 week check up today. The good news is that I see 20/20 in my right eye, 20/15 in my left! The better news is that my eyes still have a bit more healing to do which means my vision still has room for improvement. The odds are I'll see a crisp 20/15 in both eyes in the next two weeks or so.

I'm pretty darn happy about the results so far. The eye irritation was easily tolerated, I see no halos, haven't had dry eyes, but I still have some pretty minor light sensitivity. On top of that, I only woke up twice in the middle of the night thinking I forgot to take my contacts out.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger SuperDad said...

That's terrific news. Thanks for the update.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Mom said...

It's good to hear things are going so well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home